Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Myths on ID

In today's Morning Call, Wayne Woodman, GOP Lehigh County Chair, said "You have to provide ID for virtually everything.  Every time you go to the doctor's office, in many cases when you pay with a credit card, or even when you turn in your gun in Allentown."

Pay attention here, Mr. Woodman.
1.  You do not need to show a picture ID to receive a blood test or an M.R.I. at the Blue Mountain Health system in Carbon County.  In addition, I have yet to be asked for picture ID when I see my family physician.
2.  Not everyone has a credit card.  I don't.
3.  Many people have never flown on an airplane, and many of them do not intend to.
4.  And this is important, you can have a picture ID that doesn't have an expiration date.  That won't work in PA in the November election, of course.

Now let's get to the real reason, so aptly described by Mike Turzai, Republican House Majority Leader.  This law "...is going to allow Gov. Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania."  The purpose of this law is to disenfranchise people and nothing else.


1 comment:

  1. Seems to me that Mr. Woodman is another one of those bloviating ignoramuses.

    If this thing can't be stopped, I think that the democratic party in Pennsylvania needs to start contacting all democrats to see if they have the necessary photo ID. If not they should get started in getting one.

    It is truly sad what is happening in Pennsylvania. Come November I hope that the voters remember who is responsible for this disservice.

    ReplyDelete