Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Photo I.D., cont.


Terry Whiteman, the Chair of the Carbon County Labor Chapter, organized a demonstration at the Courthouse this morning.  We had about 15 people, and we were covered the Times News and Channel 13 (same company).  Somebody must have notified the Tea Party, because one of them showed up. I’m guessing it was the Times News, which is friendly to that political persuasion.  
I don’t watch Channel 13, but I’m guessing the Tea Party guy was given equal time to the 15 of us.
I made up four signs:
  • If you think a photo I.D. is easy to get, you haven’t tried to get one.
  • “Voter I.D., which is going to allow Gov. Romney to win the state of PA: Done.” --House Republican leader Mike Turzai
  • Photo I.D.--the real voter fraud.
  •   # of voter fraud cases brought by Att. Gen. Tom Corbett:   ZERO.
I was pretty pleased with my signs.
Mike Schirra and Sarina Berlow spoke to the group.  Both were eloquent.  
By the way, Rep. Doyle Heffley sent me a letter detailing the law on photo I.D.  I think his data is out-of-date.  He said that only one percent of registered voters lack photo I.D.  That was the figure advanced the by the Republicans when they were pushing the bill.  Everybody now recognizes that the one percent figure is a gross underestimation.
Tomorrow I’m taking a guy from Palmerton to get his photo I.D.  I’m driving him to Hazleton.  I’ll let you know the results of that.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about you Roy. You are probably a very educated person, but you seem to lack common sense. Perhaps you should have gone to Hazleton on a day they are open for your transaction. Penndot only takes pictures on a Thursday for people that ALREADY have a license or id and are renewing them.
    I suppose now you will be whining about how you drove there only to be disappointed again!
    You just need to get your crap together and think before you act.
    All you need to do is check with those who are unemployed, or on access, or have any government checks to cash, they will tell you EXACTLY what you need and how to go about getting and id card.
    You could save yourself a lot of grief if only you would stay on the farm and choke chickens. Preferably your own.

    ReplyDelete