Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Walk in Palmerton


This morning Linda and I canvassed three streets in Palmerton--Avenue A, Avenue B, and Lehigh Avenue--from one end to the other.  I have now canvassed these streets so many times people are starting to recognize me. 
Most people weren’t home, of course.  (I heard a consultant say that contacts with one in five households is the norm.)  Nevertheless, in that two hour walk, we met two people who needed rides to the polling place, two people who did not have picture ID, and one person who registered to vote.  If everything goes right, that is five more votes for the Democrats in November.  
Sometimes when I roll out of bed on a Saturday morning, I wonder if these walks are worth the effort.  They are.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I was out myself today canvassing for the Democratic state senator in our district. It was a good day. Even the republicans were courteous. I'm getting more of a positive feeling about November. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete